The TejonBT Windows desktop application can be used to do just about anything with the data from adding new objects, searching for and editing data, finding and dealing with exceptions, generating mass e-mails and reports and even viewing the story, or activity stream, of the organization. TejonBT is designed to make the information worker as efficient as possible.
Once theTejonBT application is open, there are three main areas: the Main Task Toolbar at the very top, Main Filter (Object Types and Region) on the left, and the various types of tabs along the center right, each designed for a specific task, browse a set of objects, or to view an object, etc.
Main Task Toolbar
TejonBT has buttons on the Main Task Toolbar, each of which launches a feature. Starting from the left:
- QuickSearch – to quickly find and open an object.
- Add New – to add a new object to the database.
- Favorites – to quickly find an object you have flagged as a personal favorite.
- Browse – to browse a filtered list of all the objects in the database.
- Activity – to browse the activity stream of the whole database.
- Connection Viewer - to visualize nodes and connections.
- Forms – to browse all the forms in the database.
- Filters – to browse a list of filters and add new filters.
- Maps – to see where objects are in the world.
- Dashboard – to see overall trends or engagements in the database.
Additionally, if you are an Admin level user, you'll see two additional icons:
If the task is already open, re-selecting the task in the toolbar will re-select the open tab.
In the upper right hand corner there are two small icons:
- Help – opens the help website so you can open a help ticket or search the knowledgebase.
- Settings – opens a tab to manage your user settings.
Using the Main Filter
The Main Filter on the left side of the application, as illustrated above, presents an outline view of all the object types and regions.
Object Types and Regions are both hierarchies; selecting a type of region automatically includes all sub-type and sub-regions. For example, depending on your organization’s configuration, selecting “Person” selects all sub-types such as Board Member, and Employee. Likewise, selecting a country automatically includes all provinces or states of that country.
The Main Filter applies to nearly every tab that works with multiple objects:
- Browse Objects
- Activity Stream
- Browse Forms
- Browse Filter Results
- Browse Users (if you're an admin)
Note: Once the Object Type and Region are selected, the Main Filter can be hidden by clicking on the Close Arrow in the upper right hand corner of the Main Filter.
Arranging the Tabs
TejonBT uses a familiar tab method to enable you to open and view multiple items (browses, objects, etc.) at once.
When working with multiple tasks and objects, the number of open tabs can quickly grow to the point that not all the tabs are visible. Fortunately, there are several ways to manage and arrange the tabs.
- Rearrange the tab order – A tab may be moved to a new position by clicking and dragging the tab to the new position.
- Moving between tabs – Control-tab will cycle the focus between the open tabs including those not presently visible. This is a quickest way to rotate through many tabs. Control-shift-tab rotates in reverse.
- Close a tab – an open tab may be closed by either selecting the tab and clicking the close (x) button on the right side of the tab list, or right-clicking on the tab to open the tab’s context menu and selecting close.
- Close all tabs but this one – If there are several open tabs but only one tab is still needed, a quick way to close all the tabs except the needed tab is to right-click on the tab and select Close All But This in the context menu.
- Selecting a tab that is not visible – The small down arrow on the right side of the tab list opens a drop down menu that lists all the open tabs. Each tab group will have its own list of tabs.
- Making more room for the tab area – Clicking the close circle in the upper left corner of the Main Filter will collapse the filter and provide more screen real estate for the tab area. Clicking the same circle re-opens the filter.
- Resizing the filter area – The slight gray splitter bar between the type filter and the region filter can resize the two filters.