Every time an object is viewed, a tab, called the Object Editor tab opens for that object. The Object Editor’s tab displays the object’s name. This makes it easier to locate the correct tab when several objects are open.
The top of the Object Editor includes a graph of the object’s engagement going back several months, and a preview of the mailing label for the object.
The Object Editor tabs
The Object Editor itself has a few tabs:
- Data tab – the basic data, types and status, and the type data
- Activity Stream – the object’s full history
- Contact – addresses, phone numbers, and emails
- Forms – custom add-on forms (profiles, audits, applications, etc.)
- Connections – how this object is connected to other objects in the organization
- Lists – which lists this objects belongs to
- Media – attached files, photos, or videos
- Financial – donations to or from this object
The Object Editor toolbar
A small line of icons in the Object Editor tab presents a few actions:
- Flag the object as one of your favorites
- Refresh the object (to see changes made by other users)
- Delete the object
- Log a phone call to, or from, the object
- Log notes about an email to or from the object
- Open the Object in the Connection Viewer. If the Connection Viewer is already open, this will add the object to the Connection Viewer.